- Need help defining all the job search jargon you see? Download the Job Search Glossary!
- Austin Area Networking Groups and Resources:
Austin Networking Groups and Resources
- Check out JSN's ebook: Get Hired Now, written by job seeker Deborah Yao
- Rapid Job Search Assessment: Job seekers have found this form very helpful to quickly assess what they need to work on in their job search. Use this form once a month to stay on track.
Rapid Assessment matrix
- Marketing Plan: This is primarily an internal document that demonstrates to yourself that you are ready to network because you can articulate what needs of a company you can meet and the companies you are targeting. This can be used in person with friends and close networking contacts but is not a replacement of a resume.
- Check out this video by Glenn Burchard about the importance of a marketing plan in your job search!
- Weekly Plan for Your Job Search:
JSN Weekly blank PLAN Team Weekly sheet
- Job search activity tracker and pie chart:
Job search activity spreadsheet
- How to find a job FAST in Austin, TX.
Read the article
Other Resources for Your Job Search
JSN SPEAKER RESOURCES - TRAINING ON DEMAND!
- Watch sessions 4-8 on John Maxwell's 11 Perspective Principles that Turn Adversity into Advantage for more in-depth insights from keynote speaker and John Maxwell leader, Brawn Lide
- Pro Insider Tips: Use Indeed To Find Meaningful Work by Taylor Meadows, Senior Evangelist, Insights Manager | Enterprise Client Engagement at Indeed.com
- Kathy Lansford-Powell shared her presentation on Parallel Universe: We’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto
Check out Laurie Canepa's Slide Deck on Negotiating Compensation
- Watch Amber Fogarty's Presentation to JSN on Managing Change Well
- Watch Chase Nall's Presentation to JSN on Treating Your Job Search Like a Sales Funnel
- Candidate Resources shared by Andres Traslavina of Whole Foods Market
- Bryan Chaney of Indeed, Director of Global Brand and Talent Attraction shared his slide deck with us from his presentation!
- Catherine Jewell shared her slide deck with JSN. Check it out here!
- Check out even more great speakers on Job Seekers Network Youtube Channel
GENERAL JOB SEARCH RESOURCES & ADVICE:
- Search Smarter: 7 Great Ways to Leverage Google's Power for Your Job Search
- Unemployed Over 50: Turning Adversity Into Advantage
- Take an online Course to learn a new skill or advance an existing one! Check out Massive Open Online Course, Coursera, and Udacity
- 47 Tech Firms Top Behavioral Interviewing Questions. Updated list of questions and tips to ace behavioral interviews.
- Not getting second interviews? This article outlines some reasons that are in your control and some that are not. Many great links in the article, too!
- Check out our list of Austin area networking groups and resources here.
- Does your spouse or chief supporter need some encouragement? Read tips for the spouse of the unemployed from our Executive Director.
- Using outdated job search methods? Check out the “new model” here.
- LinkedIn Status Updates can get you noticed! 15 ways to engage!
- Widen your network with these 15 strategies (TED talk).
- Check out Recruiter Laurie Holsman’s Powerpoint here
- Great article on building psychological safety in the workplace
- InHerSight: Resource where women go for a better workplace with company reviews designed to reflect what women want to know about employers, helping women find the companies and jobs where they will thrive.
Free Trainings & Assessment
- CCAT (Criteria Cognitive Aptitude Test)
- Open Yale Courses
- Free Online Courses, Education and Webinars
- Google Cloud Platform provides special access to GCP content on Coursera, Pluralsight and Qwiklabs.
- Study Jams that also help you apply and strengthen the skills you learn: