- Austin Area Networking Groups and Resources:
Austin Networking Groups and Resources
- Check out JSN's ebook: Get Hired Now, written by job seeker Deborah Yao
- Rapid Job Search Assessment: Job seekers have found this form very helpful to quickly assess what they need to work on in their job search. Use this form once a month to stay on track.
Rapid Assessment matrix
- Marketing Plan: This is primarily an internal document that demonstrates to yourself that you are ready to network because you can articulate what needs of a company you can meet and the companies you are targeting. This can be used in person with friends and close networking contacts but is not a replacement of a resume.
- Check out this video by Glenn Burchard about the importance of a marketing plan in your job search!
- Weekly Plan for Your Job Search:
JSN Weekly blank PLAN Team Weekly sheet
- Job search activity tracker and pie chart:
Job search activity spreadsheet
- How to find a job FAST in Austin, TX.
Read the article
Other Resources for Your Job Search
- Job Seekers Network Youtube Channel
- JSN made the Statesman! Check out the article here: Job Seekers Network marks a decade in Austin
COMPANY LISTINGS FOR TARGETING YOUR SEARCH:
- 2019 Austin Fast 50 Winners
- List of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2019
- List of Austin’s Best Places to Work for 2018
- 8 Questions You Should Absolutely Ask An Interviewer
- Glassdoor 2019 List of Best Places to Work: Employee Choice Awards!
- Seven things successful executive job seekers know
- List of companies in Austin that are expanding in or relocating to Austin, generating new jobs.
GENERAL JOB SEARCH RESOURCES & ADVICE:
- Take an online Course to learn a new skill or advance an existing one! Check out Massive Open Online Course, Coursera, and Udacity
- 47 Tech Firms Top Behavioral Interviewing Questions. Updated list of questions and tips to ace behavioral interviews.
- Not getting second interviews? This article outlines some reasons that are in your control and some that are not. Many great links in the article, too!
- Check out our list of Austin area networking groups and resources here.
- 9 Ways to Leverage LinkedIn – JSN favorite and frequent Monday morning speaker, Absolutely Abby, was featured on CNBC’s news page, sharing her top hints and tips. Read her great advice here.
- Does your spouse or chief supporter need some encouragement? Read tips for the spouse of the unemployed from our Executive Director.
- Using outdated job search methods? Check out the “new model” here.
- LinkedIn Status Updates can get you noticed! 15 ways to engage!
- Widen your network with these 15 strategies (TED talk).
- Smart questions to ask in an interview.
- We KNOW that informational interviewing and networking are key to a successful job search. This free e-book gives some great advice on “The Executive’s Networking Secrets.” Thanks to Bridgepath Career Advisors and JSN Coach Irma Gonzalez for permission to use!
- The Hidden Job Market and why not to only apply for jobs online. Great advice in this article.
- What is the best way to follow up after an interview? Read this article for some great tips.
- Stuck writing your resume summary? Get some inspiration from these samples.
- Have you seen the latest Job Seekers Network News? Check it out here and subscribe to get a daily compilation of some of the best career advice from online experts.
- Austin Job Postings Report – June 2020
- Check out Recruiter Laurie Holsman’s Powerpoint here
Free Trainings & Assessment
- CCAT (Criteria Cognitive Aptitude Test)
- Indeed – Full Module of Assessments
- Open Yale Courses
- Free Online Courses, Education and Webinars
- Google Cloud Platform provides special access to GCP content on Coursera, Pluralsight and Qwiklabs.
- Study Jams that also help you apply and strengthen the skills you learn:
- Austin Networking Groups and Resources