JSN is canceling our in person Monday morning meetings until further notice, in accordance with coronavirus recommendations to cancel meetings of 10 or more. We will continue to assess the situation and make decisions based on school district and government regulations.
Our heart and prayers are with those suffering, the government and healthcare leaders making critical decisions, and with you all who are in the job search.
We know it’s an uncertain time for you, and we want you to know that we are here for you, are praying for you, and want to provide you with some great support and training during this time that we are not meeting in person. Please take advantage of all the resources below to help you continue with your search, even though we can’t meet face to face.
- JSN Team
New to JSN? Visit our "I'm New" Registration Page
JSN Virtual Training
Come back to this page to get the latest instructions on how to join one of our calls or training.
Monday, August 10
9 AM - Energize Your Mindset: 9 Tips for Moving On From the COVID-19 Alligator Pit
Featured Speaker: Carrie Vanston, The Alligator Wrangler
How do we keep our sanity and stay out ofthe swamp during this period of uncertainty? Though many of us are facing life-changing circumstances, a good starting point is to consciously shift from a fixed mindset of fear and negativity to one of empowerment, opportunity, and unexpected outcomes.
Carrie will share nine tips that will help you shift to that mindset as our world begins to slowly reopen—and get out, stay out, and move on from the dreaded pit.
10 AM - Online Job Search Tools *New training since COVID*
11:30 AM - How to Win In The Gig Economy *New training*
Join Craig Foster, Executive Director of Job Seekers Network for this informational session.
Thursday, August 13
9 AM - The Career Networking Group, A JSN Partner, will host a session led by Kara Bell. Kara Bell will continue her teaching on crafting resume bullets from your success stories. Register in advance for this webinar HERE. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
10:15 AM - Open Networking
Immediately following the webinar, click HERE and enter the PASSWORD 022100. This will take you into a breakout session where we can further process Thursday's presentation and enjoy some open networking time.
Available Any Time (Past JSN Speakers)
Job, Career, Calling
- Watch "Job, Career, Calling" by Becky Terry video on YouTube.
- Watch “Leading Yourself: An Absolute Necessity In Charting A New Path” by Gary Runn video on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch "PowerUp LinkedIn: Energize Your Profile & Attract the People Who Need You on Their Team" by Kara Bell video on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch "Developing a Marketing Plan for Your Job Search" by Glenn Burchard on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch “Making an Impact by Networking” by Ed Gillispie video on our Guest Speaker Website.
Dealing with Fear
- Watch “From Fear To Freedom Through The Filter of H.O.P.E.” by Mary Dunn video on our Guest Speaker Website
- Looking for a church home? Check out this list of churches that have partnered with JSN in the past!
- Prayer points for deliverance from the coronavirus, wisdom for doctors and leaders, healing, favor for the economy and more.
- More spiritual resources here!
- HiredTX virtual plans.
- LaunchPadJobClub virtual plans.
- Check out the list of companies that are currently hiring here. We've compiled these from other job seekers, postings, articles, etc. If you know of some not listed, please let us know here.
- Need a mock interview? Email us!
- Connect with Will Thomson, President & Founder of Bulls Eye Recruiting. He has graciously offered to connect you to anyone in his network, look at resumes, give advice or words of encouragement. Send him an email here.
- Thinking about a certification? Check out ConsultingSolutions.net and contact Michael Brown, PMP at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (512) 502-9990.
- Check out Peak Performers and register for an upcoming webinar. In this hour-long webinar, they will do a deep dive into Austin’s job seeking resources available to job seekers discussing Workforce Solutions, job posting websites, job clubs, and additional community resources. They also talk about who’s hiring right now.
- Food & Clothing: Check out Reveal Resource Center
- FREE Testing Preparation / Training Resources - If you know of more not listed, please email us and let us know!
- CARES Act Information
- Allyson Cline shared her presentation How to Prepare for the Job Market During a Pandemic
- Unemployed Over 50: Turning Adversity Into Advantage
- Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work 2020!
- Catherine Jewell shared her slide deck with JSN. Check it out here!
- 3 Major Changes to Job Interviews You Need To Prepare For
- Check out this article The Muse published about hiring during COVID-19!
- The Muse updated their list of Companies Hiring During the Coronavirus
- Bryan Chaney of Indeed, Director of Global Brand and Talent Attraction shared his slide deck with us from his presentation!