Thursday, March 16 - CNG WILL NOT MEET!
Happy Spring Break!
Career Networking Group will meet on Thursday, March 23 on Zoom!
Friday, March 17
1:30 PM - Considering Owning Your Own Business?
David Omholt hosts a weekly webinar on the pros and cons of all ownership options, when it works and when it doesn’t, industry categories and choices, and much more. Take this eQuiz to find out if franchising might be a fit for you.
Monday, March 20 - JSN IS IN PERSON!
We meet at Hill Country Bible Church - Lakeline Location in the North Auditorium.
Use the family entrance; we meet by the cafe!
Our speaker will begin promptly at 9:30 AM. Plan to arrive early so you can get checked in and not miss any of this amazing training session.
First timers, please plan to arrive by 8:45 AM and fill out this form to pre-register to expedite your check-in process!
Returning job seekers, you can just show up on Monday before 9:30!
9:30 AM - More Than Just Talk: Strategies for Improving Your Conversation Confidence by Patti DeNucci, Award-winning Author, Speaker, Workshop Facilitator, Chief Connector at DeNucci & Co.
Numerous studies reveal that being able to converse and connect well are key to living a happy, vibrant, and successful life. Patti, an author of two books on this subject, will share four of her favorite Conversation Confidence Strategies that will help change how you approach your interactions with family, friends, colleagues, potential employers, and even random strangers.
After our speaker, we'll break into small groups for additional individualized help. There will be opportunities to network with others and get other job search questions answered.
Available Any Time (Past JSN Speakers)
Job, Career, Calling
- Watch "Job, Career, Calling" by Becky Terry video on YouTube.
- Watch “Leading Yourself: An Absolute Necessity In Charting A New Path” by Gary Runn video on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch "PowerUp LinkedIn: Energize Your Profile & Attract the People Who Need You on Their Team" by Kara Bell video on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch "Developing a Marketing Plan for Your Job Search" by Glenn Burchard on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch “Making an Impact by Networking” by Ed Gillispie video on our Guest Speaker Website.
Dealing with Fear
- Watch “From Fear To Freedom Through The Filter of H.O.P.E.” by Mary Dunn video on our Guest Speaker Website
- Looking for a church home? Check out this list of churches that have partnered with JSN in the past!
- Prayer points for deliverance from the coronavirus, wisdom for doctors and leaders, healing, favor for the economy and more.
- More spiritual resources here!
- HiredTX virtual plans.
- LaunchPadJobClub virtual plans.
- Check out the list of companies that are currently hiring here. We've compiled these from other job seekers, postings, articles, etc. If you know of some not listed, please let us know here.
- Need a mock interview? Email us!
- Connect with Will Thomson, President & Founder of Bulls Eye Recruiting. He has graciously offered to connect you to anyone in his network, look at resumes, give advice or words of encouragement. Send him an email here.
- Check out Peak Performers and register for an upcoming webinar. In this hour-long webinar, they will do a deep dive into Austin’s job seeking resources available to job seekers discussing Workforce Solutions, job posting websites, job clubs, and additional community resources. They also talk about who’s hiring right now.
- Food & Clothing: Check out Reveal Resource Center
- FREE Testing Preparation / Training Resources - If you know of more not listed, please email us and let us know!
- CARES Act Information
- Allyson Cline shared her presentation How to Prepare for the Job Market During a Pandemic
- Unemployed Over 50: Turning Adversity Into Advantage
- Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work 2020!
- Catherine Jewell shared her slide deck with JSN. Check it out here!
- 3 Major Changes to Job Interviews You Need To Prepare For
- Check out this article The Muse published about hiring during COVID-19!
- The Muse updated their list of Companies Hiring During the Coronavirus
- Bryan Chaney of Indeed, Director of Global Brand and Talent Attraction shared his slide deck with us from his presentation!