JSN is currently holding weekly Monday meetings online via Zoom. We plan to return to in-person meetings in late August.
Check out the upcoming lineup below for our schedule and log in information.
JSN has cancelled our in person Monday morning meetings until further notice, in accordance with coronavirus recommendations to cancel meetings of 10 or more. We will continue to assess the situation and make decisions based on school district and government regulations
Our heart and prayers are with those suffering, the government and healthcare leaders making critical decisions, and with you all who are in the job search.
We know it’s an uncertain time for you, and we want you to know that we are here for you, are praying for you, and want to provide you with some great support and training during this time that we are not meeting in person. Please take advantage of all the resources below to help you continue with your search, even though we can’t meet face to face.
- JSN Team
Join us online via Zoom for weekly Monday meetings.
Thursday, July 22
9 AM - Career Networking Group Meeting, A JSN Partner - IN-PERSON MEETING!
The Career Networking Group will meet as usual 9:00am in the cafe of Austin Ridge Bible Church, 9300 Bee Cave Road. The cafe is just to the left of the sanctuary building. This week, Kara Bell will continue teaching job seekers how to describe themselves in a way that matches their job targets. Have you been sending resumes and gotten no responses? Kara will help you use certain tools to tighten the match between how your resume describes you and what the market is looking for. This is a critical pothole you want to avoid.
Kara Bell will host a coaching session on resumes starting at 8:45am. This is a free session open to anyone and will finish at 9:20am in time for the main teaching described above.
Doors will open at 8:45am and we will start promptly at 9:00am.
Monday, July 26 - JSN IS BACK ON ZOOM!
Available Any Time (Past JSN Speakers)
Job, Career, Calling
- Watch "Job, Career, Calling" by Becky Terry video on YouTube.
- Watch “Leading Yourself: An Absolute Necessity In Charting A New Path” by Gary Runn video on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch "PowerUp LinkedIn: Energize Your Profile & Attract the People Who Need You on Their Team" by Kara Bell video on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch "Developing a Marketing Plan for Your Job Search" by Glenn Burchard on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch “Making an Impact by Networking” by Ed Gillispie video on our Guest Speaker Website.
Dealing with Fear
- Watch “From Fear To Freedom Through The Filter of H.O.P.E.” by Mary Dunn video on our Guest Speaker Website
- Looking for a church home? Check out this list of churches that have partnered with JSN in the past!
- Prayer points for deliverance from the coronavirus, wisdom for doctors and leaders, healing, favor for the economy and more.
- More spiritual resources here!
- HiredTX virtual plans.
- LaunchPadJobClub virtual plans.
- Check out the list of companies that are currently hiring here. We've compiled these from other job seekers, postings, articles, etc. If you know of some not listed, please let us know here.
- Need a mock interview? Email us!
- Connect with Will Thomson, President & Founder of Bulls Eye Recruiting. He has graciously offered to connect you to anyone in his network, look at resumes, give advice or words of encouragement. Send him an email here.
- Check out Peak Performers and register for an upcoming webinar. In this hour-long webinar, they will do a deep dive into Austin’s job seeking resources available to job seekers discussing Workforce Solutions, job posting websites, job clubs, and additional community resources. They also talk about who’s hiring right now.
- Food & Clothing: Check out Reveal Resource Center
- FREE Testing Preparation / Training Resources - If you know of more not listed, please email us and let us know!
- CARES Act Information
- Allyson Cline shared her presentation How to Prepare for the Job Market During a Pandemic
- Unemployed Over 50: Turning Adversity Into Advantage
- Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work 2020!
- Catherine Jewell shared her slide deck with JSN. Check it out here!
- 3 Major Changes to Job Interviews You Need To Prepare For
- Check out this article The Muse published about hiring during COVID-19!
- The Muse updated their list of Companies Hiring During the Coronavirus
- Bryan Chaney of Indeed, Director of Global Brand and Talent Attraction shared his slide deck with us from his presentation!