JSN is canceling our in person Monday morning meetings until further notice, in accordance with coronavirus recommendations to cancel meetings of 10 or more. We will continue to assess the situation and make decisions based on school district and government regulations.
Our heart and prayers are with those suffering, the government and healthcare leaders making critical decisions, and with you all who are in the job search.
We know it’s an uncertain time for you, and we want you to know that we are here for you, are praying for you, and want to provide you with some great support and training during this time that we are not meeting in person. Please take advantage of all the resources below to help you continue with your search, even though we can’t meet face to face.
- JSN Team
JSN Virtual Training
Come back to this page to get the latest instructions on how to join one of our calls or training.
Monday, September 21
9 AM - Get More Interviews with Jobscan.co
Collins Marshall of Jobscan will be joining JSN to share his insights and tips on how to use this tool to help you land more interviews. Using jobscan.co, you'll be able to get your targeted resumes past the bots and increase your interview opportunities by optimizing keywords and other features.
10 AM - JSN Recruiter Connection
Join JSN's weekly recruiter connection and connect with Austin area recruiters! Come hear about the different types of recruiters and who they are really working for from Executive Recruiter, Somer Hackley, from Distinguished Search. She recruits for the Technology, Data, Product and Digital sectors. There will be time for networking and Q&A. Get your questions ready!
11:00 AM - Biblical Manhood + Biblical Womanhood
Join us in an upcoming study as we look atwhat God says about who we are as men and women.
1:00 PM - Ultimate Interviewing Tips That Will Get You Hired!
Join JSN coach, Keith Rutledge, as he shares the top interviewing tips that will help create a paradigm shift and guarantee to set you apart from the rest of the crowd.
Tuesday, September 22
8 PM - Thriving Through Transitions with Dale Kreienkamp
Join Thrivent for this exclusive webinar with Dale Kreienkamp! Come learn about the emotions and challenges faced by the unemployed, the impact on their spouse and family, and God’s presence with all through every step of the journey. Learn how you can support those you care about who are facing job loss--an impact not quickly forgotten. If you yourself are in a career transition, learn tips on dealing with the emotions of the journey as well as vital insight regarding your job search.
THANK YOU TO THRIVENT FOR YOUR SPONSORSHIP OF JSN!
Thursday, September 24
9 AM - Career Networking Group Meeting, A JSN Partner
10:15 AM - Open Networking
Immediately following the webinar, click HERE and enter the PASSWORD 022100. This will take you into a breakout session where we can further process Thursday's presentation and enjoy some open networking time.
Friday, September 25
1:30 PM - Interested in Owning Your Own Business/Franchise?
One of our job seekers just bought an all ‘green’ cleaning service with anti-virus/bacterial cleaning products. Maybe you should consider this option. Check out this article with information regarding the huge expected demand for business ownership coming out of the current crisis. During this webinar, you will learn from CFE, David Omholt, the pros and cons of all ownership options, when it works and when it doesn’t, industry categories and choices, and much more. Take this eQuiz to find out if franchising might be a fit for you.
Available Any Time (Past JSN Speakers)
Job, Career, Calling
- Watch "Job, Career, Calling" by Becky Terry video on YouTube.
- Watch “Leading Yourself: An Absolute Necessity In Charting A New Path” by Gary Runn video on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch "PowerUp LinkedIn: Energize Your Profile & Attract the People Who Need You on Their Team" by Kara Bell video on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch "Developing a Marketing Plan for Your Job Search" by Glenn Burchard on our Guest Speaker Website.
- Watch “Making an Impact by Networking” by Ed Gillispie video on our Guest Speaker Website.
Dealing with Fear
- Watch “From Fear To Freedom Through The Filter of H.O.P.E.” by Mary Dunn video on our Guest Speaker Website
- Looking for a church home? Check out this list of churches that have partnered with JSN in the past!
- Prayer points for deliverance from the coronavirus, wisdom for doctors and leaders, healing, favor for the economy and more.
- More spiritual resources here!
- HiredTX virtual plans.
- LaunchPadJobClub virtual plans.
- Check out the list of companies that are currently hiring here. We've compiled these from other job seekers, postings, articles, etc. If you know of some not listed, please let us know here.
- Need a mock interview? Email us!
- Connect with Will Thomson, President & Founder of Bulls Eye Recruiting. He has graciously offered to connect you to anyone in his network, look at resumes, give advice or words of encouragement. Send him an email here.
- Thinking about a certification? Check out ConsultingSolutions.net and contact Michael Brown, PMP at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (512) 502-9990.
- Check out Peak Performers and register for an upcoming webinar. In this hour-long webinar, they will do a deep dive into Austin’s job seeking resources available to job seekers discussing Workforce Solutions, job posting websites, job clubs, and additional community resources. They also talk about who’s hiring right now.
- Food & Clothing: Check out Reveal Resource Center
- FREE Testing Preparation / Training Resources - If you know of more not listed, please email us and let us know!
- CARES Act Information
- Allyson Cline shared her presentation How to Prepare for the Job Market During a Pandemic
- Unemployed Over 50: Turning Adversity Into Advantage
- Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work 2020!
- Catherine Jewell shared her slide deck with JSN. Check it out here!
- 3 Major Changes to Job Interviews You Need To Prepare For
- Check out this article The Muse published about hiring during COVID-19!
- The Muse updated their list of Companies Hiring During the Coronavirus
- Bryan Chaney of Indeed, Director of Global Brand and Talent Attraction shared his slide deck with us from his presentation!