Volunteer Part-time Administrative Assistant
If you are looking to make a difference in the spiritual lives and careers of hundreds of people each year, then this role is for you!
Job Seekers Network (JSN) seeks to glorify God by empowering, blessing and guiding professionals to find purpose and fulfillment in every stage of their life and career, through relationship, encouragement and training.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
JSN is looking for an administrative professional dedicated to working in a support role to join the JSN team on a part-time (10-20 hours per week) basis. JSN’s heartbeat is to help people thrive in their spiritual and work lives. You will be an important part of making that happen in our communications, programs and behind the scenes organization! The Administrative Assistant Position supports the Executive Director, Director of Training & Communications, and Marketing and Program Coordinator
- Mostly Remote Work with the possibility of attending in-person Monday Meetings (currently in person once a month)
- JSN is looking for someone who can make at least a one year commitment.
- Employees of JSN must be Christ followers and committed to growing in their spiritual walk.
What You’ll Do (Essential Responsibilities):
- Create, edit, update and schedule weekly communications to our network using an email marketing tool
- Edit and create graphics, infographics, etc. using Canva
- Keep our website up to date using a user-friendly website editor
- Help maintain our library of Zoom recordings on our YouTube Channel
- Post job leads and other announcements on our LinkedIn Group
- Monitor JSN emails with appropriate follow up
- Maintain and communicate weekly and monthly attendance records
- Provide administrative support for workshops, including flyers, registration and PDF handouts
- Capture and document life change stories/testimonies to be shared in various communications.
- Assist with intake and returnee registration process
Technical Skills – Required
- Intermediate proficiency in Word (tables and columns, etc.), Excel (sorting, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Comfort and adept in learning new software
Technical Skills – Preferred
- PDF - editing/merging
- Constant Contact
- YouTube - uploading videos
Soft Skills – Required
- Excellent and persuasive written communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with the public professionally and with compassion, in person, over the phone and via written communication
- High level critical thinking and decision‐making skills
- Results‐focused, positive attitude, relational, creative and flexible
- Ability to work independently and to drive projects to completion
- Experience working effectively, relationally and respectfully
- Desire to use talents, time and abilities to serve the Lord in alignment with the JSN Vision.
- Be a Christ-follower and member and active in an evangelical church
- Passionate about making a difference in the spiritual life and careers of people
Soft Skills – Preferred
- Bachelor degree is preferred but not required.
- Prior work with email marketing program and social media is preferred.
JSN has a reputation for conducting its ministry and activities with integrity and in accordance with the highest ethical and Biblical standards. All volunteers and employees of JSN must be committed to the Lord Jesus Christ, in accordance with the Bible and with JSN’s Statement of Faith. The authority for making determination of these standards for JSN shall be the Executive Director working in consultation with the Board of Directors, applying their interpretation of the standards set forth in the Bible.